Tales of the Fountain of Youth have been recounted in Greece, since the early Crusades. This spring is thought to restore youth and bring eternal life to those who drank from it or bathed in its waters. Another recurrent myth is the legendary ambrosia of the Greeks, a nectar that could turn back the hands of time.
These Legends Have Something in Common:
Putting aside their veracity, these legends have something in common: a fluid that washes out impurities and signs of age. Although, there might not be a magical potion or spring, drinking purified water throughout the day is vital to the prevention of aging symptoms.
Indeed, health, beauty, stamina, strength and youthfulness are intimately tied to your hydration. Most of the reverse-the-clock qualities of water link to the fact that water is the primary transport system for our bodies. It carries nutrients and oxygen to the cells, gets rid of toxins, keeps neurons in shape and digestive organs properly obtaining energy from the food consumed. When not well hydrated, blood thickens and turns acidic, slowing circulation and hindering the removal of toxins.
These toxins accumulate and deteriorate our cells…and that’s when aging accelerates. Skin sags, memory fails, energy drops, joint capsules lose its smooth motion. Water can in fact prevent or cure some of these problems, becoming your favorite anti-aging remedy!
Here are Some of the Benefits this Particular Ambrosia can Bring to You:
- Your skin will be softer and smoother. Dry, not properly hydrated, skin has less resilience, shows flakiness and is more prone to wrinkling.
- Water maintains skin moisture and delivers essential nutrients to cells. That’s good news for your pocket: when your cells are dehydrated, they need water from the inside rather than lotion from the outside. Drinking sufficient water will often do a job better than expensive facial creams.
- Helps reduce fatigue. More than occasionally, when our muscles or mind lose their optimal performance, it’s because they are not receiving the proper amount of oxygen. Remember what we mentioned about water being our main source of nutrients and 02 transportation? Bingo!
- It can help you with weight management and appetite control. Before you eat ask yourself, am I hungry or am I thirsty? We often confuse the signals. As the body burns fat deposits they release toxins that need to be flushed out with water.
- Water lubricates joint spaces and keeps cartilage soft. Since cartilage is 70% water keeping it hydrated is extremely important. Hydrated cartilage keeps bones from rubbing against each other.
- A well hydrated immune system is a stronger immune system. It can more efficiently produce lymph to transport white blood cells and other immune cells throughout the body to combat disease.
Although not eternal, water will certainly give you a longer and renewed youth!
One last tip: make sure you know what is in your water since it could contain contaminants that could cause you to show and feel your age more quickly than you’d like.
For a free analysis of your water contact us by calling 352-372-2707 in Gainesville or 352-369-1707 in Ocala. At this no obligation evaluation, our water specialists will test your water and provide a range of options to improve its quality.
Drink more, live more!