We Care about Your Children’s Health and are Here to Help!
As health care professionals our main concern has always been the well-being of our fellow man. As parents, our emphasis has been the protection of our children.
Our water supplies, municipal and wells, contain many contaminants. These contaminants enter our body in three ways: ingestion, inhalation and skin absorption. Some chemical contaminants are carcinogenic; others like bacteria, viruses, parasites and cysts can potentially make you and your baby very ill. With the installation of Best Water in your home this will not have to be a concern of yours!
Children are Vulnerable
Infants and children are very vulnerable to all forms of contamination:
-Microorganisms, nitrite/nitrates, lead, aluminum, fluoride, chlorine and many other chemicals.
-North Central Florida has become known for nitrates in drinking water, this poses the risk of Blue Baby Syndrome in infants.
-Blue Baby Syndrome is when nitrates are turned into nitrites, which causes oxygen deprivation. This in turn causes respiratory and digestive issues.
Why can’t I just boil water, or buy water bottles?
- Using untreated tap water to mix baby formula, or as a beverage for our families is not safe since thousands of potential contaminants have been documented in our water supplies, including pharmaceuticals.
- Boiling water will kill microorganisms, but will concentrate chemicals in the water.
- The bottled water industry is not regulated as well as the municipalities and enforcement is minimal. There is no assurance that bottled water is safer to drink than tap water.
In the shower, and bath you and your children are overexposed to chemicals through inhalation, and absorption. Meaning, virtually 100 percent of the contaminants are absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
In 1991, the EPA concluded that the average person absorbs more contaminants from bathing and showering than from drinking polluted water. The EPA then acknowledged in a June 30, 1998 report, “Children have a greater surface-area-to-body-weight ratio than adults, which may lead to increased dermal absorption.” Also, their circulatory flow rates are generally higher and their tissues, organs and biological systems are still developing, which may increase their susceptibility to toxic effects.
Tap water can contain calcium, magnesium, copper and even iron, which can collect on the skin and hair, clogging skin pores causing flaky, itchy skin. Another issue is bacteria can get trapped creating diaper rash, and aggravating conditions such as cradle cap and eczema.
So don’t let your children’s bath time be a danger, get Best Water Solutions put in your house so playing in the bathtub can remain safe and fun!
Soft Linens & Clothing
Since it is difficult for soaps and detergents to dissolve in hard water, they do not lather well, or rinse completely off our clothing, or bodies. Residue from the contaminants in water, soaps and detergents clings to the fibers of clothing and linens making them dingy, rough and scratchy. This is irritating to the delicate skin of babies and children.
These conditions can be further aggravated by chlorinated water, because chlorine dries and irritates sensitive skin by promoting the oxidation of common minerals and pollutants already on the skin.
A Whole House Treatment system removes hard minerals and chlorine from your water eliminating the causes of the above problems.
Pregnancy is an exciting time for soon to be parents! But, building another human places many demands on a woman’s body. Drinking a minimum of 10 glasses of good quality water a day is an absolute must during pregnancy!
What Good Water Does for You and Your Baby:
- Prevents dehydration and its side effects: fatigue, irritability, lack of concentration, aching muscles, contractions and premature labor, especially in the third trimester.
- Since blood volume doubles and thickens during pregnancy; drinking plenty of water prevents hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
- Water flushes out toxins in the body and aids in preventing urinary tract infections, constipation, water retention and hemorrhoids.
- It facilitates the flow of nutrients to the baby.
- Much of the water is consumed in the amniotic sack. Amniotic fluid alone needs to replenish itself every hour by using roughly one cup of water stored in the body. Replacing that water on a timely basis will insure the unborn baby is protected within the womb.
- Breast milk is the perfect source of nutrition for infants.
- Water is essential for breast milk production and increases the need for water consumption to 13 glasses a day.
- A lactating woman can become easily dehydrated which can lead to fatigue, decreased breast milk production and the other symptoms listed above.
For information on risks of chlorinated pools go to:
Your Water – Swim Safe